BSN Medical Delta-Dry Water Resistant Undercast Padding
BSN Medical Delta-Dry® Water Resistant Undercast Padding can be completely submerged, creating casts that allow patients to sweat, bathe, or even swim. Quick Drying Cast Padding is specially engineered with a open knit structure and non-absorbent fibers to allow water to drain out within 10 minutes. A High Moisture Vapor Transmission Rate (MVTR) allows the residual moisture to evaporate through the padding and cast. In as soon as 1 hour, the cast and skin feels completely dry. Delta-Dry® Waterproof Cast Padding is extremely soft, applying almost as easily as cotton. A stockinette is not even necessary, as Delta-Dry® Padding is applicable without it.
Waterproof casts offer many advantages over traditional casts. Delta-Dry® Cast Padding allows for more hygienic casts, minimizing itching and odor through regular bathing. Hydrotherapy is also possible with this cast, increasing the patient's options for physical therapy. Waterproof Undercast Padding reduces unscheduled cast changes from accidental water saturated. Delta-Dry® is ideal for athletes, pediatric patients, or anyone who wants to be able to get the cast wet.
Delta-Dry® Waterproof Cast Padding is available in different sizes and is sold by the box of 12 individually packaged rolls.
- Water resistant
- Can be fully submerged
- Allows patient to bathe, swim, and sweat like normal
- Compatible with hydrotherapy
- Open knit structure and water resistant fibers allow water to drain within 10 minutes
- High Moisture Vapor Transmission Rate allows cast and skin to completely dry in as soon as 1 hour
- Latex free
- Minimizes itching and cast odor
- Soft and pliable
- Rolls on almost as easily as cotton
- Eliminates the need for a stockinette
- Saves money through less unscheduled cast changes
- Insulates against cast saw heat
- Available in a range of sizes
- Available by the box of 12 individually packaged rolls