Exergen TAT-5000 Professional Temporal Thermometer, Standard Temporal Model, 124275
- This is the EXG124275 model, the standard model, which measures the arterial (core) temperature like a pulmonary artery catheter or esophageal probe. Arterial temperature is close to rectal temperature, approximately 0.8°F (0.4°C) higher than oral temperatures.
- An innovative, non-invasive method of temperature assessment using infrared technology
- This is by far the model selected by the vast majority of hospitals.
- Measurement time: Less than 0.04 seconds
- For hospitals, medical centers, educational facilities
- Accurate readings in less than a second
- Completely non-invasive, just a light touch
- Fast, safe, and comfortable for the patient
- Fast, easy, and convenient for the clinician
- Proven more accurate than ear or oral thermometry
- Easy to use, just press button, slide across temple, then release button
- Can compensate for evaporative cooling on sweaty patients
- Suitable for all patients, from neonates to geriatrics
- Ideal for hospitals, high-volume facilities, and professional uses
- Celsius or Fahrenheit (see the DOWNLOADS Section for more information)
- Disposable cover use optional
- Silicon crystalline sensor lens resists chemical etching
- Shock proof industrial-duty construction
- Copolymer head is resistant to cleaning chemicals and disinfectants
- Internal case ribbing adds strength and rigidity against impacts and drops
- Casing is annealed to reduce possibility of fractures due to disinfectant exposure
- Available with optional quick release security systems
- Quick release security systems include instrument cradle and 8 ft cable (coiled or steel)
- Proudly made in the USA
- Infrared Temporal Thermometer
- 10 disposable covers
- CD training video
- Instruction manual
The Exergen TAT-5000 Temporal Thermometer is the most recent advance in medical thermometry - fast, simple, and highly accurate. The Exergen Thermometer works by scanning across the temporal artery, making thousands of individual readings as it does so and selecting the best one. Since the temporal artery contains blood flow from the heart and is millimeters beneath the skin, it is an excellent predictor for core body temperature.
The Infrared Thermometer is easy for professionals use: press and hold the button, scan the probe across the side of the forehead to the hairline, then lift the Thermometer and place it below the earlobe, then release the button, and read. It takes less than a second for the Temporal Scanner to measure temperature. This non-invasive technique is superior to oral and ear thermometry and as accurate as rectal temperatures, but without the lag time. That TAT-5000 can be used with clinically-tested accuracy on all patient types, from neonates to geriatrics.
The sensor head of the Infrared Thermometer is built to last with a white copolymer material that withstands strenuous disinfecting cleaners and chemicals. Disposable covers are also available - See accessories below - which make it unnecessary to disinfect after each use. The TAT-5000 lens itself is made of pure silicon crystalline and resists chemical etching. The Temporal Thermometer's case is ribbed for impact-resistance and annealed to protect against cleaning chemicals.
Routine maintenance, such as cleaning and calibration, are required to keep your TAT-5000 fully accurate. Cleaning is easy, using cleaning wipes on the body, and an alcohol swabs on the lens. Calibration can be done by Exergen. Calibration can be verified in-house using the calibration verification kit - See accessories below. See the owner's manual and other documents in the DOWNLOADS Section above for full care instructions.
The TAT-5000 can also be purchased with optional quick release security systems. The security systems include and instrument cradle for the TAT-5000 and an 8 foot cable. Customers have a choice of either nylon-covered steel cable or a latex-free coiled cable.
The Exergen TAT-5000 Hospital Thermometer is proudly made in the USA.
|Unit of Measure (UOM)||EA|
|EMI and RFI Protection||Complete copper coating on inside of casing.|
|Includes||CD-ROM training disk, 9 Volt battery|
|Country of Origin||US|
|Thermometer Accuracy||Â± 0.2Â°F or 0.1Â°C|
|Display||Large bright LED|
|Operating Environment||60 to 104Â° F (16 to 40Â°C)|
|Battery Life||Approx. 15,000 readings|
|Thermometry Measurement Range||61 to 110 degrees F (16 to 43 degrees C)|
|Power Source||9V battery included|
|Thermometry Measurement Time||Approx 0.04 seconds|
|Resolution||0.1 degree F or C|